Administration & Recruitment Policy
1. At Sunfly, we support the use of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, FSX, FSXSE, Prepar3D and X-Plane.
2. The applicant must own a legal copy of the simulators mentioned in part 1 of this section.
3. pilots must submit their real identity. Full name. (e.g. Steve wright)
4. Recruits can provide a legitimate VATSIM ID or IVAO ID
5. Date of birth is not required. There is no minimum age so all pilots are welcome.
6. At this va we accept transfer hours from other Virtual Airlines, however we will require a URL or screenshot to confirm your hours. – If you don’t provide this with the request, the hours won’t be added.
7. *transfer hours will not count towards hours with sunfly so won’t affect your rank. All new pilots joining the virtual airline will start as a New Hire*
Chief Executive Officer: Matthew Bradley - SUN0001 Vice Chief Executive Officer: Will Wright – SUN0004 Chief operating officer: Ellis martin sun0007
G-SUEA - based at EGMC
G-SUEB (Leased out)
G-SUFA - based at EINN
G-SUFC - based at egnj
G-sfma - based at einn
g-sfmb - based at egnj
G-SUHL (On Lease)- based at einn
Flight Bidding Policy for Sunfly.com
1. You are allowed 30 days to complete a flight once you have bided for it. If you fail to fly the bid within 30 days the bid will be removed. This is due to constant schedule changing and also to prevent clogging up the system.
2. Pilots are allowed to book up to 4 flights at a time, providing that they are all flown within the 30-day period. If you bid for 5 or more flights, some of the bids will be deleted to leave you with a total of 4.
3. If there is an issue with making the one-month deadline for flying your bid, please contact a staff member who will extend the time of the bid for you.
Sunfly.com’s Inactivity Policy
1. New Registered Member - first flight to be completed within 1 months of joining.
2. After the first flight is completed a Member with at least 1 flight completed must then fly once every 2 months from then on.
3. If you fail to complete your first flight within a month or fail to complete a flight in 2 months then you may be made inactive and then after a while your account may be deleted.
4. If you are not able to achieve the above due to an acceptable reason, then please contact us to tell us and we will be happy to help you. If you don’t contact us and you go inactive your account maybe deleted.
1. When flying online, either on Ivao or vatsim always use your Flight Number as the callsign. E.G. sun18.
2. Always treat others with respect.
3. Don’t attempt a transmition whilst another person is speaking.
We use a smartCARS to track our pilot’s flights.
Pilot Reports – PIREPS
1. All pireps should include the following:
· Cruising altitude
· Aircraft used
· PIREPS with a landing rate between 0 to -750 will be accepted. -751 upwards will be rejected.
1. we will soon be starting a training scheme for all pilots to use, if they would like to.
2. For training staff members will teach what is requested of them by the pilot wanting the training.
To ask for training email: CEO firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training and Positioning Flights
· Any flight numbers that contain the letters “TRA” are Training Flights.
· These flights are for training purposes only,
· Any flight number that contain the letter “P” are positioning flights
· These are not to be used for regular flying purposes
· The training flights will have one at Humberside EGNJ and the other at Shannon EINN
· You may only fly positioning flights when moving aircraft between bases
· Recommended uses of training flights:
Pattern training - Instrument approach training - Aircraft air manoeuvring - Landing practices
· If you decide on hosting/creating an event on one of sunfly’s routes for pilots and the public please let me know at least a week in advance of the type of event, the platform, dates and times. I ask for these in advance so I can post these events on the Facebook and instagram page, and on here as News to get people interested and aware of any events, so they have a better turnout.
You can let me know by emailing: email@example.com or by sending me an airmail via the website - (I usually respond well within 12 hours)
· There will events that are hosted by sunfly on ivao and vatsim. We will always advertise it on the website and social media pages in advance letting you know:
· The route (EGNJ-LMML)
· The departure Time
· The date
· And all the other details you will need for the event.
· If you attend certain events you will earn exclusive awards to reward you for flying at the event. We have also added birthday events to the va which means if you have a birthday coming up in the surrounding weeks of it, you have the option to request a sunfly event choosing what schedule is used.
On behalf of myself and all of the staff here at sunfly we hope you will become a pilot and fulfil your full potential here at Sunflyvirtual.com
Sunflyvirtual.com CEO: Matthew Bradley SUN0001